Tue, 18 Feb|
The Drum at Wembley
Young Londoners Fund - Challenging the Narrative
This will be an interactive session for organisations and young people to explore and share work happening across Boroughs in London supported by the John Lyons Charity.
Time & Location
18 Feb 2020, 13:00 – 18:00
The Drum at Wembley, Brent Civic Centre, Engineers Way, Wembley HA9 0FJ, UK
About the Event
Priority will be given to recipients of the Young Londoners Fund but there are spaces for other organisations to join.
For this event please only register yourself , do not add multiple tickets in one order.
We are pleased to invite you to participate in a new event Young Londoners; Challenging the Narrative (working title) on the 18th February from 1.00 – 6pm.
This event has been developed by the Young People’s Foundations with Partnership for Young London and is targeted at organisations who have received or applied for the Mayors Young Londoners Fund. This will be an interactive session for organisations and young people to explore and share work happening across Boroughs in London supported by the John Lyons Charity. The session will focus on the following:
- Promoting an asset based narrative in our work with young people
- Exploring the youth sector workforce development needs
- Debating with young people on the qualities needed of youth sector leadership
- Hearing from other partners about their local borough based work and also regional partners on their plans for the future i.e. the Violence Reduction Unit
- As part of the session there will be a number of taster sessions on a range of topics i.e. Trauma Informed Practice, Mental Health First Aid, Funders responses, the role of supervision among others.
The session is being hosted by Brent Council and will be opened by the Director of Children’s Services Gail Tolley. Please hold the date and register your interest. And we would like to ask you to vote on what workshops would be most useful for you at the event please follow the link here to add your preferences.