Wed, 29 Jan|
Young Londoner's Fund - Khulisa Adverse Trauma Training
Time & Location
29 Jan 2020, 09:00 – 17:00
Redbridge CVS , 1st Floor, 103 Cranbrook Road, Ilford IG1 4PU.
About the Event
Please note that priority will be given to organisations that have applied for or receive YLF funding Please contact Zoe.Nation@cityoflondon.gov.uk for more information.
For this event please only register yourself , do not add multiple tickets in one order.
The workshops are experiential, creative and offer tried and tested tools and techniques. By providing an understanding of how to recognise and sensitively respond to the effects of trauma, Khulisa also offer participants the opportunity to assess their own self-care routine (ie. responses to compassion fatigue, vicarious trauma etc); to ensure both staff and end-users are well safeguarded. Broadly content covers the following:
- Being Trauma-sensitive & developmentally informed (theory and practice)
- introduction to trauma:How it affects body, mind, behaviour and memory
- Understanding the link between attachment, trauma, shame and violence
- Grief & Trauma – patterns / responses - avoiding re-traumatisation
- Self-care (simple measures, self-support techniques, reflective practice)
- Co-regulation - Practical tips on supporting self/others to regulate emotion/managebehaviour and de-escalate trigger responses.
- Simple tools to avoid re-traumatisation - building a narrative, improving emotional
literacy & resilience, grounding techniques