Thu, 25 Feb|
Peer Research Network 25th of February
Bringing people to look at participatory approaches with young people in research, design, and funding.
Time & Location
25 Feb 2021, 14:00 – 16:00
About the Event
Peer Research Network
2.00pm to 4.00pm, 25th of February 2020
We are bringing people together to talk about the latest developments in participatory research with young people, giving organisations the chance to share the work that they are doing.
- Introductions 2.00pm – 2.10pm
- Toynbee Hall Participatory Research with Young Renters 2.10pm – 2.30pm Bethan Mobey from Toynbee Hall will give us an overview of their participatory research with young people in the private rented sector, and how they co-produced solutions with young people and landlords.
- Partnership for Young London’s Youth Manifesto 2.30pm – 2.40pm An update on the work we are doing ahead of the London Mayoral Election in 2021, and the participatory research being done for it. There is an opportunity to bring together organisations, and the peer researchers they work with, for a joint Manifesto for Young Londoners.
- GLA Youth-Led Research programme 2.40pm – 3.10pm Dorothy Hodgson, Senior Project Officer at the GLA’s Education and Youth Team, will introduce their prospective plan for a programme of youth-led research projects. We will be breaking into groups to provide feedback and comments.
- Break 3.10pm – 3.15pm
- Participatory research online 3.15pm – 3.45pm We want to hear what challenges and solutions organisations have when conducting participatory work with young people during lockdown. We want to start collecting the digital approaches to aspects of the process like recruitment, or analysis.
- Closing remarks 3.45pm – 4.00pm