Wed, 06 May|
Entrepreneurship Insight Event
Join a wider network of like-minded entrepreneurial young people. Learn from those who have "been there and done that".
Time & Location
06 May 2020, 11:32 – 11:47
About the Event
Are you a young person who is interested in being an entrepreneur / social entrepreneur, or simply want to find out more about entrepreneurship?
We're excited to invite you to the first insight event in collaboration with the Guild of Entrepreneurs via Zoom on the 5th May at 1pm. This event will include a panel speaking about their individual journeys, overcoming crisis and business opportunities and their plans after COVID-19. Then there will be a Q&A section to ask business-related questions directly to the panel. Every participant will receive a worksheet to develop their ideas - there will be a follow-up session on 12th May at 1pm, for you to pitch your ideas to a panel of entrepreneurs and receive valuable feedback. There is also the possibility of mentorship, to further aid your development!
Our headline speakers are entrepreneurs David Barker, FRSA, Christine Nicholson, Johnny Manning and James Talbot, MBA.
The Q&A and panel will be hosted by young social entrepreneur and creator of Behind Home and Dilemma Talks, David Adesanya.
- One of the UK’s first internet entrepreneurs in 1994.
- Worked with global corporations e.g Intel, Microsoft and Cisco to drive the globalisation of the internet.
- Exited his Internet company in 2004 to become a social entrepreneur, innovating new solutions to problems in society.
- Works in the ward of Farringdon Within t with his company Techcentre -The Social Innovation Agency.
- Volunteered with different charities in London including projects with young people in street gangs, families living in work poverty and with homeless people seeking refuge in soup kitchens.
- 25 years working hands-on with small and medium size businesses. Learning and teaching what it takes to successfully start, grow and sell or handover businesses.
- Christine is a Chartered Management Accountant with a law degree, a post-graduate degree in Information Systems Management, and a Professionally Accredited Business Mentor.
- Financial consultant at Succession Plus, a specialist Business Succession and Exit planning consulting firm.
- Director of Customer Happiness at Divine Legs Limited.
- Founder of Manning’s Tutors LTD
- 10 years experience delivering in-school tuition schemes, providing full education services for excluded pupils as well as readers, scribes and examiners for school exams.
- Johnny has a BSc in Mathematics
- Experienced recruiting, customer service, management and teaching.
- James has an MBA, is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Securities & Investment and has several advanced coaching diplomas for life and business coaching.
- First Director of Development for the International Coaching Federation in the UK and a founder member of the Association of Coaching.
- Business and executive coach working with business owners, boards and financial services professionals.
-Thirty years in business at the cutting edge of management and technology with specific expertise in financial services/FinTech and light engineering.
5th May 1 - 2.15 pm An entrepreneurship insight to starting your own business
12th May 1 - 2.15 pm Following on; Pitch your idea to an Entrepreneur
The Zoom link will be sent on the day to everyone who registers.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to email Naomi
Each registered attendee will receive the Zoom link on the day.£0.00