Time & Location
06 Feb 2020, 19:00 – 21:30
Location is TBD
About the Event
Are you a young person who is interested in being an entrepreneur / social entrepreneur, or simply want to find out more about entrepreneurship?
We're excited to invite you to the first insight event in collaboration with the Guild of Entrepreneurs via Zoom on the 5th May at 1pm. This event will include a panel speaking about their individual journeys, overcoming crisis and business opportunities and their plans after COVID-19. Then there will be a Q&A section to ask business-related questions directly to the panel. Every participant will receive a worksheet to develop their ideas - there will be a follow-up session on 12th May at 1pm, for you to pitch your ideas to a panel of entrepreneurs and receive valuable feedback. There is also the possibility of further mentorship, further aid your development!
Our confirmed headline speakers are entrepreneurs David Barker, FRSA and James Talbot, MBA and
The Q&A and panel will be hosted by young social entrepeneur and creator of Behind Home and Dilemma Talks, David Adesanya.
- One of the UK’s first internet entrepreneurs in 1994.
- Worked with global corporations e.g Intel, Microsoft and Cisco to drive the globalisation of the internet.
- Exited his Internet company in 2004 to become a social entrepreneur, innovating new solutions to problems in society.
- Works in the ward of Farringdon Within t with his company Techcentre -The Social Innovation Agency.
- Volunteered with different charities in London including projects with young people in street gangs, families living in work poverty and with homeless people seeking refuge in soup kitchens.
- Thirty years in business at the cutting edge of management and technology with specific expertise in financial services/FinTech and light engineering.
- First Director of Development for the International Coaching Federation in the UK and a founder member of the Association of Coaching.
- Business and executive coach working with business owners, boards and financial services professionals.
- James has an MBA, is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Securities & Investment and has several advanced coaching diplomas for life and business coaching.
5th May 1 - 2.15 pm An entrepreneurship insight to starting your own business
12th May 1 - 2.15 pm Following on; Pitch your idea to an Entrepreneur
The Zoom link will be sent on the day to everyone who registers.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to email Naomi