Young Londoners' Fund - Working with Children and Young People on-line
Time & Location
About the Event
The session is designed to support front line workers to engage with young people on line, for both group work and one to one work. The session will not cover the technical aspects of this or on-line platforms. There is an assumption that participants will have an understanding of at the least basic safeguarding process and procedures.
· For participants to have an overview and feel safe and confident in working with children and young people on-line.
· Participants will explore procedures and guidance which will enable them to work safely on-line with children and young people
· Participants will feel more confident when dealing with child protection disclosures and concerns that may arise when working with children and young people on-line
· Staff will understand the process and procedures that they need to apply when working on line with children and young people
We will consider:
• How we present ourselves as professionals when working on line, and how we create a professional environment.
• Age and ability.
• Dealing with concerns about a child’s immediate environment whilst conducting sessions.
• Issues that may occur with children and young people when working as a group on-line.
• How we deal with any safeguarding or other concerns.
• Methods that can be used their strengths and pitfalls.
• What policies apply when working on-line with children and young people.
At the session participants will also be given a list of on-line links they can explore as professionals working on-line with children and young people.