Mon, 17 Oct|
Committee Rooms 1 and 2, West Wing
London Peer Research Network
Time & Location
17 Oct 2022, 15:00 – 17:00
Committee Rooms 1 and 2, West Wing, 71 Basinghall St, London EC2V 7HH, UK
About the Event
London Peer Research Network – Toolkits and evaluations
September 19th, 3.00pm - 5.00pm
The London Peer Research Network brings together practitioners interested or working on peer research with young people across London. It is an opportunity to share the fantastic peer research work that is happening across London, look at the latest good practice, and collaborate.
Introductions and welcome 3.00pm – 3.00pm
- Arrivals from 9.45am, where coffee and pastries will be provided.
- We will start with welcomes, introductions, and housekeeping.
Sharing practice in the network 3.15pm – 3.45pm
- We want those attending to have the opportunity to share what peer research they are currently conducting with young people.
- As well as sharing practice, there will be an opportunity to network around the room and share what support you can offer others and what support you’re looking for.
Young Londoners Research Programme 3.45pm – 4.00pm
- Young people, who have been trained as peer researchers, will be speaking about their experience on the Young Londoners Research Programme – a project where nine groups of young people conduct peer research funded by the Greater London Authority.
- It will be an opportunity to hear from young people about the peer research process and ask questions to them or the GLA about the programme.
A peer research evaluation framework 4.00pm – 4.20pm
- Partnership for Young London and the Young Foundation have designed a draft evaluation framework that can be used for young people involved in peer research projects. They will initial evaluation data from over 50 young people who have used it.
- We want to hear the network’s thoughts and opinions on the draft evaluation, as well as how we can make it as accessible as possible to groups to use.
Young Researchers Toolkit – Barnardo’s 4.20pm – 4.40pm
- Barnardo’s have released a new toolkit, designed by Dr Louca-Mai Brady and Berni Graham, which is a fantastic resource with practical workshops and activities for groups looking to conduct peer research.
- We will be hearing from Dr Louca-Mai Brady about the toolkit, and what support it can provide groups looking to conduct peer research.
Young Londoners Research Network 4.40pm – 4.50pm
- We are looking at a joint session with Universities across London and our network of peer researchers to explore how to develop more effective collaboration.
For any questions or queries, or to know more about the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org