Young Londoners; Challenging the Narrative
Time & Location
About the Event
This event has been developed by the Young People’s Foundations with Partnership for Young London and is targeted at organisations who have received or applied for the Mayors Young Londoners Fund. This will be an interactive session for organisations and young people to explore and share work happening across Boroughs in London supported by the John Lyons Charity. The session will focus on the following:
- Promoting an asset based narrative in our work with young people
- Exploring the youth sector workforce development needs
- Debating with young people on the qualities needed of youth sector leadership
- Hearing from other partners about their local borough based work and also regional partners on their plans for the future i.e. the Violence Reduction Unit.
- As part of the session there will be a number of taster sessions on a range of topics i.e. Trauma Informed Practice, Mental Health First Aid, Funders responses, the role of supervision among others.
The session is being hosted by Brent Council and will be opened by the Director of Children’s Services Gail Tolley. Please hold the date and register your interest via this link. And we would like to ask you to vote on what workshops would be most useful for you at the event (insert survey monkey link ).