London Children In Care Council
This programme is a partnership between Partnership for Young London and the City of London Corporation, who facilitate the London Children in Care Council (CiCC). This project is for care experienced young people living in London, aged 12-20. The project engages young people in a social action project to raise awareness of three key issues which young people at the London CiCC have prioritised and chosen to focus on:
1) Education – accessing support;
2) Accommodation – preparation for independent living;
3) Money/budgeting – managing and spending it wisely.
Programme of Work
Approach – Young people can get involved and lead the work in a variety of ways:
- As peer researchers, gathering and collating stories to illustrate both challenges and potential solutions for the key issues facing them;
- As event managers, taking a lead in coordinating or contributing to forums/events with adults who benefit from increasing their understanding of the issues being discussed;
- As communication leads, being involved in sharing information, raising awareness and in the further development of the project, as well as setting up social media platforms profiling the work.
Skills Development – Young people will be supported to develop a range of skills on the following:
- Using social media to engage an audience i.e. vlogging and blogging
- Developing youth led campaigns
- Peer research i.e. running focus groups, designing research
- Event planning and management
This project is being supported by the GLA Thrive LDN and Team London grants via the youth social action fund #iWill campaign.
TASTER SESSION & SHAPING THE PROJECT Monday 9th April 2018, from 11-4pm – Refreshments and lunch will be provided Venue details TBC