The session I attended looking at new models of services for young people was really helpful, its current and what’s on everybody’s minds at the moment. It increased our knowledge of new ways of working and ideas for chasing people up in the future – so therefore helps to increase what we do and improve our services. Good networks and partnerships through this work and a coherent voice on fighting for young people’s services.Jude Simmons
Our membership of Partnership for Young London is vital in connecting us with the rich ecology of young Londoners. We benefit enormously from the gatherings, training support and network of knowledge Partnership for Young London provides as it enables us to improve our work and support more young people in the capital.Philip Flood
Partnership for Young London believes in a future where every young person’s right to wellbeing is recognised and fulfilled. With young people making up a quarter of London’s population, we have to respect that they are crucial to its future.
Partnership for Young London is uniquely placed in the region to connect, develop and influence the policy and delivery of services for young people and acts as a unified voice for London.
We provide market intelligence across the various key stakeholders, sharing intelligence, information and data about services for young people, both in terms of the current situation and how they can be improved.
By supporting us, you allow us to provide quarterly high profile network meetings and other specific thematic meetings linked to demand in line with emerging issues at a local, regional and national level. Also partnership and collaborative working opportunities with a range of statutory and voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations as well as links with central and regional government on a regular basis.
We operate as a membership organisation and our grateful to our members for their continued support, and welcome their input across all aspects of our work.
Feedback from members has highlighted that the services valued the most include;
- Policy News
- Thematic Seminars and Events
- Training sessions
- London Policy Network Meetings
- Links with key policy leads from national and regional government
Speakers who have attended the policy network and regional seminars over the last year have included: Department for Culture, Media and Sport, Big Lottery, City Bridge Trust, Royal Association for the Deaf, Tell Mama, Forward UK, Girl Guiding, London Councils, Wandsworth Youth Service, Young Womens Trust among others
Training participants rated it as good or excellent
Organisations have accessed training, seminars and networking events over the last three years
Total level of funding opportunities disseminated in the weekly bulletin
Organisations across various sectors that have taken part in the last policy network meeting
- 48 bulletins on a weekly basis profiling the latest policy, research, campaigns, practice and funding opportunities for services working with young people.
- Access to Partnership for Young London’s policy network, bringing together key stakeholders working with young people across London with national and regional policy leads.
- Opportunity to profile work to over 3000 organisations across the region.
- Access to over 30 free workforce development opportunities, including training and best practice networks on measuring impact, collective impact, leadership, safeguarding, youth employability among others.
- Opportunity to disseminate the learning from your work across London.
- Involvement in the Vision for Young Londoners policy platform for London alongside of 100 other organisations.
- Engagement in research programmes aiming to drive up best practice in working with young people i.e. the Role of Youth Work Approaches in Early Help, Safeguarding In the Voluntary Sector, Commissioning for Youth among others.
Small voluntary sector
Medium to large voluntary sector
Please contact Lucy.Sandford@cityoflondon.gov.uk or telephone 020 7332 3599 for further information. All membership rates are subject to VAT.The membership year runs from 1st April to the following 31st March. Membership is open throughout the year and rates can be pro rata.