- This event has passed.
London Policy Network
September 28, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
London Policy network is Partnership for Young London’s regular policy and practice meeting to showcase good practice, disseminate ideas and hear about latest policy, initiatives and developments in the youth sector. Attendees are cross sector drawn from range of organisations VCSE, LA’s, housing associations, central and regional government, public health.
On this month’s agenda:
28th September London Policy Network presentations:
- Labour Youth Policy Consultation – group discussion with Liam Budd, Policy Advisor
- “A Space of Our Own” – The role and value of youth organisations in strengthening communities – Laura Fisher and Gill Goodby, London Youth
- Social Power Report – Sue Tibballs, CEO, Sheila McKechnie Foundation
- European Solidarity Corps launch, Eurodesk
Other links and resources:
- Youth friendly consultation document has now been uploaded here.
- Click here for London Youth’s full report ‘A Space of Our Own’
- Click here for the full Social Power Report
- Click here to sign up to the European Solidarity Corps UK Newsletter, and here for more information about the European Solidarity Corps
Young Londoners Fund
The GLA, with City Bridge Trust, are developing an ‘Impact for Youth’ programme to support fund-holders delivering activity through the Young Londoners Fund. This includes the Young Londoners Fund Local Networks. Organisations can apply for funding to build on their existing networks to support new and prospective Young Londoners Fund fund-holders with advice, guidance and support.
For more information on this competitive grant process, including the ‘Request for Proposals’ and ‘Funding Application Form’, please see: www.london.gov.uk/apply-young-londoners-fund and the deadline for submitting grant applications to firstname.lastname@example.org is 12-noon on 5 November 2018.
Details of the small grant fund-holders announced (from Round 1) are at: https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/education-and-youth/young-londoners/mayors-young-londoners-fund
For the medium and large grant applications, the GLA will inform applicants whether they are provisionally successful w/c 9 October, with a later announcement in November once due diligence has been completed.
For more information or questions, please email: email@example.com
Members of Partnership for Young London are given priority places. To book a place contact Khalid.Ghazi@cityoflondon.gov.uk for refreshment (no lunch) and security purposes