Walking into the Guildhall on a Monday morning, where there were so many people in business attire and suits, made it feel all so daunting. But walking into the office for PYL for the first time all seemed such a new world for me, whilst thinking “finally I've entered...
Introduction In March I flew to Portugal with Laurie Fitzgerald of Ubele and Rasha Fara of FORWARD to attend PatHERways, an international seminar, funded by Erasmus +. This initiative intends to forge routes that lead more young women to greater civic activism. I was...
Through the of focus groups, the 25% project was an excellent opportunity to engage with a key subsection of civil society, young people. What was particularly heartening was their acute awareness of the state of society. More specifically, their insight into the...
The Skills agenda in the Government's recent Industrial Strategy Green Paper is an attempt to address the low skill low-wage equilibrium that has characterised the employment prospects for many young Londoners. It focuses on reversing the low literacy and numeracy...
Policy Networks resources
30th June 2017 London Policy Network presentations and resources:
- Thrive London – Dan Heller, CYP Lead Thrive
- The Truth Project – Anna Jones, Senior Policy Adviser and Michael May, Head of the Inquiry Office for London and the South East, Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA)
- Skills for London Taskforce – Jonathan Slater, Employment and Skills Policy & Project Manager, London Voluntary Service Council (LVSC)
- London Employment and Skills Policy Network LVSC
- Eurodesk and SALTO – Lucy Sandford, Partnership for Young London
- From Child to Adult and Family Finances – Janet Mearns, Disability Adviser, Parents of Disabled Children Project, Working Families
Policy update archive
Partnership for Young London’s members’ weekly policy update goes out weekly on a Friday, providing an overview of the week’s policy news for London’s youth sector. The weekly update is a members only resource, but we also have a monthly updated which is free for anybody to sign up to. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for our monthly.
Both the weekly and the monthly summarise:
- Our week
- Training & Events
- Opportunities for practitioners
- Opportunities for young people
If you have any opportunities or work that you want to promote, please email email@example.com.