As MPs packed their bags for recess, the last day of Parliament brought some big news for the employment support sector. In amongst the twenty one written ministerial statements bundled out of the door before the end of term, two offered details on the European Social...
Luke, Deputy Youth Mayor and Young Advisor for Waltham Forest talks about his experience at the Know Your Roots Workshop day
By taking part in the ‘Know Your Roots’ Workshop it’s allowed me to gain an enhanced understanding of where certain hairstyles used to style Afro hair began. Throughout the discussion based Workshop I began to gain a connection and passion for my hair that I’d never...
A socio-psychological study of neighbourhoods and resilience amongst youth in London – insights of a research project conducted by Mario Washington-Ihieme I am a recent Masters graduate of Social and Cultural Psychology and have been interning with Partnership for...
Today's publication of Bright Futures: Our Vision for Youth Services by the Local Government Association today is a really positive long-term vision for youth services and provision. The principles it sets out today, such as being youth-led, are a great step towards a...
Policy Networks resources
13th July London Policy Network Presentations:
- Sian Berry, Green London Assembly Member – London’s Lost Youth Services 2018 report
- Bethia McNeil, Director of the Centre for Youth Impact – LGA outcomes framework for young people
- Angela Gault, London Operations and Development Manager, Boxing Futures Ltd – Boxing Futures: Using Non-Contact Boxing To Improve Mental Health And Well-being in Young People
- PeiChin Tay, GLA – Digital Talent Programme: Latest funding opportunities
- Eva Voukelatou, Partnership for Young London – Eurodesk
8th June London Policy Network Presentations:
- A New Generational Contract – Fahmida Rahman, The Resolution Foundation
- Young Londoners’ Fund – Sarah Wilkins, GLA
- Dormant accounts engagement – Sue Neville, Talent Match (Big Lottery Fund)
- Eurodesk – Eva Voukelatou, Partnership for Young London
2nd March London Policy Network presentations and resources:
- Civil Society Strategy Feedback – Partnership for Young London
- Caring for Cultural Freedom: An Ecological Approach to Young People’s Cultural Learning – Annie Thorpe, A New Direction
- The experiences of young victims of crime in London and the role of Victim Support’s pan-London CYP Service – Justine Wilson-Darke, Senior Operations Manager – CYP, Victim Support
- Stop Loan Sharks – Anna Fraser, Illegal Money Lending Team England
- The Money House – Matthew Mehra and Nick Smith-Patel, Mybnk
- Eurodesk – Lucy Sandford, Partnership for Young London
Policy update archive
Partnership for Young London’s members’ weekly policy update goes out weekly on a Friday, providing an overview of the week’s policy news for London’s youth sector. The weekly update is a members only resource, but we also have a monthly updated which is free for anybody to sign up to. Please email email@example.com to sign up for our monthly.
Both the weekly and the monthly summarise:
- Our week
- Training & Events
- Opportunities for practitioners
- Opportunities for young people
If you have any opportunities or work that you want to promote, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.