The Skills agenda in the Government's recent Industrial Strategy Green Paper is an attempt to address the low skill low-wage equilibrium that has characterised the employment prospects for many young Londoners. It focuses on reversing the low literacy and numeracy...
Sandra Vacciana, Partnership for Young London 25% was a joint youth consultation initiative led by Partnership for Young London (PYL), the British Youth Council and London Youth, in collaboration with a range of partners including housing associations, local...
I pray the maturity of time doesn’t suck us into a maze of letters and number to re-align Statistics with no pulse, categorical acronyms with no soul – BAMER, NEET A youth lead approach is our solution, I see a future where youth panels are scrapped, our voice...
Place Making and Young People Place-making that isn’t a bad approach, I owe the think tanks a standing ovation such innovation could help my imagination catapult, Passed social housing blues to show the box tickers, statistics too have a pulse, Is my estate a giant...
- 30th June – London Policy Network
- 22nd September – London Policy Network
- 1st December – London Policy Network
Policy Networks resources
19th May 2017 London Policy Network presentations and resources:
- All Party Parliamentary Group on a Better Brexit for Young People – Amy Longland, Partnerships and Programmes Lead, My Life My Say (MLMS)
- I am Resilient – Ashlee Carlile, Resilience Development Manager, Prospects Services
- Youth Obligation on Disadvantaged Young People – Ruth O’Sullivan, Centrepoint
- Centrepoint research: evaluating the impact of the Youth Obligation on disadvantaged young people
- Vision for Young Londoners – Sharon Long, Partnership for Young London
- Eurodesk and Salto Workforce Opportunities – Lucy Sandford, Partnership for Young London
Policy update archive
Partnership for Young London’s members’ weekly policy update goes out weekly on a Friday, providing an overview of the week’s policy news for London’s youth sector. The weekly update is a members only resource, but we also have a monthly updated which is free for anybody to sign up to. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for our monthly.
Both the weekly and the monthly summarise:
- Our week
- Training & Events
- Opportunities for practitioners
- Opportunities for young people
If you have any opportunities or work that you want to promote, please email email@example.com.