On March 7th 2019 the European Parliament’s Youth Outreach Unit hosted over 70 representatives of youth organisations from EU Member States in order to identify and discuss what improvements can be made in the EP's involvement with young people and youth...
Name: Samuel Omokan Why did you want to join the PYL youth board? I joined the youth board to be a part of something bigger than myself. Being able to have the opportunity to affect change has always been important to me. Growing up I didn't utilise all the...
Name: Adrian Patsalos Age: 24 Why did you want to join the PYL youth Board: London was the first place I felt at ‘home’. In South Africa I was the “Greek” and in Cyprus I was the “foreigner” since I was born abroad… In London, I was Adrian. Due to its diversity,...
The Trailblazer Welcome Workshop was held on the Tuesday 12 February 2019 at 108 Stamford Street, Lambeth, London SE1 9NH and ran from 8:30-12:30. The event introduced trailblazing of a four week waiting plan, this meant that people identified with mental health...
Policy Networks resources
28th September London Policy Network presentations/links:
- “A Space of Our Own” – The role and value of youth organisations in strengthening communities – Laura Fisher and Gill Goodby, London Youth
- Social Power Report – Sue Tibballs, CEO, Sheila McKechnie Foundation
For other links/resources from our other speakers click here.
13th July London Policy Network presentations:
- Sian Berry, Green London Assembly Member – London’s Lost Youth Services 2018 report
- Bethia McNeil, Director of the Centre for Youth Impact – LGA outcomes framework for young people
- Angela Gault, London Operations and Development Manager, Boxing Futures Ltd – Boxing Futures: Using Non-Contact Boxing To Improve Mental Health And Well-being in Young People
- PeiChin Tay, GLA – Digital Talent Programme: Latest funding opportunities
- Eva Voukelatou, Partnership for Young London – Eurodesk
8th June London Policy Network Presentations:
- A New Generational Contract – Fahmida Rahman, The Resolution Foundation
- Young Londoners’ Fund – Sarah Wilkins, GLA
- Dormant accounts engagement – Sue Neville, Talent Match (Big Lottery Fund)
- Eurodesk – Eva Voukelatou, Partnership for Young London
2nd March London Policy Network presentations and resources:
- Civil Society Strategy Feedback – Partnership for Young London
- Caring for Cultural Freedom: An Ecological Approach to Young People’s Cultural Learning – Annie Thorpe, A New Direction
- The experiences of young victims of crime in London and the role of Victim Support’s pan-London CYP Service – Justine Wilson-Darke, Senior Operations Manager – CYP, Victim Support
- Stop Loan Sharks – Anna Fraser, Illegal Money Lending Team England
- The Money House – Matthew Mehra and Nick Smith-Patel, Mybnk
- Eurodesk – Lucy Sandford, Partnership for Young London
Policy update archive
Partnership for Young London’s members’ weekly policy update goes out weekly on a Friday, providing an overview of the week’s policy news for London’s youth sector. The weekly update is a members only resource, but we also have a monthly update which is free for anybody to sign up to. Please click here sign up for our monthly.
Both the weekly and the monthly summarise:
- Our week
- Training & Events
- Opportunities for practitioners
- Opportunities for young people
If you have any opportunities or work that you want to promote, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.